LEARN PHOTOGRAPHY CONCEPTS
Learn the key concepts and terminology of digital photography. Tutorials include both fundamental and advanced topics, so if you're a beginner this is likely a good place for you to start.
Basics: How Your Camera Works
- Understanding Digital Camera Sensors
- Understanding Camera Exposure: Aperture, ISO & Shutter Speed
- Understanding Camera Metering
- Understanding Depth of Field
- Understanding Camera Lenses: Focal Length & Aperture
- Understanding White Balance
- Understanding Camera Autofocus
Qualities of Digital Photos
- Understanding Bit Depth
- Understanding Sharpness
- Understanding Image Noise
- Understanding Dynamic Range
- Digital Camera Sensor Sizes: How Do These Influence Photography?
- Understanding Diffraction: Pixel Size, Aperture and Airy Disks
- Digital Cameras vs. The Human Eye (NEW)
- Understanding the Hyperfocal Distance
Although photo terminology might seem confusing at first, these terms are often directly related to how our eyes and brain process the world around us. Learning more about photography can therefore give a new perspective on the appearance of otherwise everyday objects.